15 July 2012

Movellas WoW writing competition

I am making this post under duress from Navi and Kamalia, I swear!

So a while ago I saw a writing competition being advertised on the twitters calling for writers to submit their stories about WoW. Since I have been known to do that kind of thing I submitted three stories (there was no limit) on what I thought was nearly the end of the competition. June 6th came and went and nothing changed on the competition page so I stupidly stopped checking back. Then, after July 6th I got a tweet from the illustrious Ironyca alerting me to the fact that the winners had been announced.

And.....

I was one of them?

Out of 74 entries, 8 were chosen to receive some fun prizes. My story The Innkeeper's Daughter got second place, as illustrated by this incredible image made by WoW Roleplay Gear. LOOK YOU GUYS! It's Aka wearing silver plate!!!


I highly recommend you take a moment to peruse all of the entries, because there were a lot of really great ones, including some by other bloggers you know and love!

19 comments:

  1. Aww, congratulations! :D it's a great story and you deserve that prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats, friend. There's nothing wrong with tooting your own horn once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Now I congratulate you properly! Shame it wasn't 6th though... :p lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes lol. I'll just have to buy my own loot pets >_>;;;

      Delete
  5. Yay! They twisted your arm, so now I can say congratulations too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!

    I stalked your character on the armory to replicate you in the Overlord's set, and yeah, sadly it had to be plate. Leather just doesn't have that silver shine.

    I read your story and I'd recommend it to anyone! I have not read much WoW fanfic, but I was really inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you to say! I totally understand that it would be easier to design a shiny silver suit in plate rather than leather. I love it!!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!

    I stalked your character on the armory to replicate you in the Overlord's set, and yeah, sadly it had to be plate. Leather just doesn't have that silver shine.

    I read your story and I'd recommend it to anyone! I have not read much WoW fanfic, but I was really inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Akabeko-chan!
    A prize winner and a friend,
    Of her I'm so proud
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

    Ok enough fan stalking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG a congratulatory haiku I want to print it and put it on my wall x3

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! I thought there was something familar looking about that Red Cow, and then I looked at the winners list... XD
    You are a wonderful writer, and I'm so glad that now more people will get to know how awesome you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I wonder how many Red Cows there are out there wowing around. Thank you for the kind words :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's never too late to stroke my ego!! Thank you :)

      Delete