30 June 2011

Day 14: /flips table

This is the next day in Saga of Spellbound's 20 days of...WoW blogging challenge. You can find more participants here.

Catch up on Day 13: Aka admires

I hate the argument "it's just a game." Unless you are referring to gameplay mechanics - tree form, loot, a boss fight - you can't excuse bad behavior like that. Saying hateful or hurtful things in game doesn't make them any less so, and only assholes excuse them as such. Unless you are for some reason berating an NPC, the person you are talking to/about is not "just a game" (hint: they are a person). What occurs in virtual mediums is not divorced from our meatspace existence, and I am sick and tired of it being falsely treated as such.

Rant aside, I am also annoyed by the phrase "baby [toon]". If you use this term, I am totally not getting on you about it. I just don't understand it! Your level 13 hunter is not a baby! Babies don't become hunters because they are babies! Low level means inexperienced, not young! Aaahh!! And I know that no one literally means "in diapers" when they refer to their lowbie warrior. It just...irks me to hear "baby lock" /twitch

Go to Day 15: Wallpaper

No comments:

Post a Comment